Kelly's Directory of Cambridgeshire 1900

https://plus.google.com/100743427557480395487/posts/4wtwA4LXX9Z https://1xbet.zerkalo.bet Church History

The Congregational chapel was built about 1837 and will seat 450 persons. In 1880 a school room, with class rooms, was built near the chapel, and there is also a minister's house. The Wesleyan chapel, erected in 1841, affords 200 sittings; the Primitive Methodist chapel, erected in 1869, will seat 300 and has Sunday school and class rooms, erected in 1890; and there is another Primitive Methodist chapel at Soham Fen, erected in 1872, and seating 164 persons. The Baptist chapel, erected in 1752 and rebuilt in 1837, seats 500; this chapel was the first pastoral charge, in 1775, of the Rev. Andrew Fuller D.D. a celebrated Baptist minister, born at Wicken in 1754, who was educated at the Free school here and died 7 May, 1815. A Cemetery, of 3 3/4 acres, was formed in 1856, at a cost of £2,700; it is under the control of the Parish Council.

Login

Google Translate

enfrdeitptrues

We have 62 guests and no members online